I’m thrilled to say that this month the brilliant Social Media Measurement Camp will be hosted here at Dare. I’ve only been along to two or three camps so far, but they’ve all been brilliant. A little group of fantastically clever industry people sit around and discuss the future of social media measurement, we compare methods and set ourselves goals. Questions that often come up include:
1. How do we guarantee or predict ROI on a campaign for a client?
2. Should we even be considering ROI?
3. What should we measure and what should we ignore?
4. Is the client who only believes in page views a little bit misguided?
5. What useful insights are often ignored?
6. How can we display our results?
7. What stats will win round a traditional media buying client?
These meet ups are definitely not a place to discuss the inherent value of social media or its uses. It’ll be a room full of social media advocates who will just singing over anyone who attempts this.
Do come along if you’re interested, I certainly find it useful each month. Everyone is lovely and you’re pretty much guaranteed to walk away with a warm fuzzy feeling.